The contributions of this live view are activated between 9 am and 9 pm Paris time.
- At least 262 children were killed and 415 injured; 5.2 million people in need of humanitarian assistance (UNICEF). More than three months of war in Ukraine (99 days) “Disastrous consequences for children at a scale and speed not seen since WWII”
- The Russian army tightened its control over the strategic city of Sievierodonetsk on Thursday. “The city is eighty percent full” Serhi Haidai, governor of the Luhansk region, said that street clashes were intensified by Russian forces. After the lightning strike in Kiev failed to topple the regime, Russian forces are focusing on the conquest of the Donbass region, where a war of attrition is being played out after nearly three months of conflict. The steamroller tactic used by Moscow to slowly gnaw on the Donbass also seems to have worked.
- Zelensky says 60 to 100 Ukrainian soldiers are killed and 500 injured every day.. This high number of casualties comes as Ukrainian troops fiercely fight against a strong concentration of Russian forces trying to take control of the Luhansk region and the city of Sievierodonetsk in eastern Ukraine. “We maintain our defensive position” But in the East, said Volodymyr Zelensky.
- kyiv “sure” In Washington, he said he would not use American weapons to target targets in Russia. These are multiple rocket launchers mounted on light armor, with a range of about 80 kilometers, capable of changing the balance of military power on the ground. “Russia attacking Ukraine, not the other way around”In response to Moscow’s accusations criticizing the supply of these new American weapons, the head of American diplomacy, Antony Blinken, announced before the press.
- In a column published by New York TimesJoe Biden said he wasn’t looking for a “war between NATO and Russia”.. US president rejects desire to promote regime change in Moscow, says he does not encourage or give Ukraine “the way to go beyond the limits”.
- Denmark joins EU defense policy. An overwhelming majority of Danes, almost 67%, voted in favor of joining EU defense policy on Wednesday. “Denmark has sent an important signal. to our allies in Europe and NATO, and [président Vladimir] Cheese fries. “When Putin invades a free country and threatens stability in Europe, we show the rest of us come together,” he said.Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said. “Before February 24, there was a Europe before the Russian invasion, and there was a Europe after that”she loved it.
- In Donbass, eastern Ukraine, Russian forces are about to seize Sievierodonetsk.a strategic city “check the most”Serhi Haidaï, the governor of the Luhansk region, said on Tuesday. The latter called the inhabitants of this city “90% destroyed” stay in shelters and “make masks for the face dipped in a soda solution” Then “nitric acid tank” a chemical plant “hit” With the Russian strike.
- According to Ukrainian Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Maliar, one of Moscow’s targets in Sievierodonetsk D’“Encircle the Ukrainian troops and complicate the situation by blackmailing them. [les Ukrainiens] later with these besieged troops, what can often be called a ‘cauldron’”. “They have not been successful so far, as the Ukrainian army fiercely resisted”she said Wednesday morning.
- Ukrainians are waiting on the streets of Kyiv on Wednesday evening for the ninety minutes that will allow them to escape the daily life of war. teams to qualify for the 2022 World Cup against Scotlandin Glasgow.
Find our live stream from yesterday here.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Decoding. Military aid to Ukraine: Contrasting Western efforts
Tribune. “The epidemic and war in Ukraine shows that the phenomenon of conspiracy and its dangers can resurface at every opportunity”
Narrative. Angela Merkel condemns “the barbaric war of aggression waged by Russia”
Decoding. Danes say “yes” to European defense
Tribune. To defeat Putin, we must protect Europeans, especially the most vulnerable, from the shock waves of war.
Narrative. “Europe Square, Berlin, March 2022”
Video. How did the siege of Mariupol cause heavy civilian casualties?