Democracy, flood… Tuesday, June 14: Second exam of the day for final year students enrolling for the vocational baccalaureate. After this morning’s French test (8:30 – 11:30), here is the topic of Geo History and moral and civic education (EMC) that candidates have been working on this afternoon from 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2022
Duration: 02:30 – Coefficient: 2,5
The candidate must be interested in three majors: history, geography, ethics and civic education.
Part one: History (6 points)
Theme 2: Living in democracy in France since 1945.
– Master and use chronological markers. (3 points)
Complete the timeline (APPENDIX 1 page 3 of 12 to be returned with a copy) with the following events:
– the law of equality in elections,
– Election of the President by direct universal suffrage,
– the right to vote at the age of 18,
– Proclamation of the Fifth Republic,
– women get the right to vote (voters and eligible).
Problem 2: Defines the concept of welfare state.
– Appropriate historical approaches. (3 points)
3. Problem : Confirm the following statement: “During the “Magnificent Thirties,” the French entered the consumer society”.
4. Problem: [Describeinafewlinestheevolutionofwomen’splaceinFrenchsocietysince1945[1945’tenbuyanaFransıztoplumundakadınınyerininevriminibirkaçsatırdaanlatın
Second part: Geography (8 points)
Theme 2 : Communities and risks: anticipate, react, coordinate and adapt.
– Analyzing the media treatment of a danger or risk and determining the limits of the treatment,
– Putting a climate risk in its context and justifying the organization of its management,
– Perform a simple cartographic generation showing the vulnerability of a region.
Subject: Seller in Germany in July 2021
The file contains 3 documents:
study note 1
Best photo: Google Earth, 24 March 2020,
Below photo: Nahel B. Published on www.notre site on 14 July 2021. planet. info/news
study note 2
“Bad weather: at least 59 dead in Germany, call to leave Liège in Belgium », AFP and Latest News from Alsace (DNA), 15 July 2021.
study note 3
“Flooding in Germany: local authorities suspected of negligence by justice. », Released, 6 August 2021.
Problem 1: Describe the event that affected the Valley of Ahr in July 2021. (Documents 1, 2 and 3)
Problem 2: Make a sketch in APPENDIX 2 (page 9/12) where a title, description and the following items will appear in the background:
Level reached by the river Ahr in case of flood – Areas protected from floods –
Affected residential areas – Communication routes preserved – Affected communication routes
Problem 3: List the elements that qualify this event as a natural disaster. (Document 1 and 2)
4. Problem: Identify the charges against local authorities in disaster management. (Document 3)
Problem 5: Analyze the media’s approach to flooding in the Ahr valley: some aspects of the disaster are highlighted, the limits of this treatment.
Third part: Moral and civic education (6 points)
Theme: Join and discuss democracy around societal challenges
– Constructing and expressing a coherent and validated argument based on the program’s criteria and concepts,
– Putting personal opinions at a distance to form judgment,
– Respect others and the plural point of view.
Terms and concepts that can be used (non-exhaustive list): freedom of expression, pluralism, responsibility.
The file contains 2 documents:
study note 1
Antoine Fonteneau “Is digital technology really a threat to democracy? », France info, 1 March 2019.
study note 2
Statista.com website, survey conducted and published in 2019.
Subject: Democracy in the digital age
Problem 1: Identify the place of digital among the main information tools in France in 2019. (Document 2)
Problem 2: List the main risks associated with the use of digital information tools for democracy. (Document 1)
Problem 3: Explain how “technology can sometimes be put at the service of democracy”. (Document 1)
4. Problem: You are participating in a discussion on digital technology in democracy. The question posed to the participants is: “Is digital technology really a threat to democracy? “. Explain your opinion with a reasoned text of about fifteen lines. You will trust your knowledge and documents.
View the entire topic (documents, texts, attachments to be returned with a copy) in PDF format here.