UKRAINE. On the 50th day of the war in Ukraine, this Thursday, April 14, 2022, the Russian army was greatly disappointed, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, the cruiser Moskva, was “seriously damaged” by an ammunition explosion. According to Moscow and Ukraine, with missile attacks…
[Mis à jour le 14 avril 2022 à 11h42] The war in Ukraine enters its 50th day on Thursday, April 14, 2022. Since the redeployment of Russian forces began at the end of March, the conflict has visibly moved to the east of the country and to the Black Sea coast. Azov, in the south. The citadel of Mariupol, crushed under a weeks-long siege and with tens of thousands dead according to Ukrainian officials, has been the subject of intense fighting for several days and may soon fall, according to American intelligence services. Ukraine has also been warning for several days that a final major offensive is being prepared in Donbass, a separatist region where pro-Russians have been demanding independence for several years. This attack was just a matter of time.
One of the latest key news from the last 24 hours on the war in Ukraine, Russia has suffered one of its biggest financial failures since the invasion began, AFP said on Thursday morning. According to Moscow, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, the cruiser Moskva, was “severely damaged” by an ammunition explosion. Ukraine claimed that the ship was hit by a missile attack. Latest news about the war in Ukraine.
- A Russian ship was “heavily damaged” in the last hours. The flagship of the Russian fleet in the Black Sea, the cruiser Moskva, was badly damaged, as noted by the Russian and Ukrainian authorities. The first provokes a “fire” and an explosion of ammunition on board, requiring the evacuation of the crew. But the Ukrainian authorities, in the voice of the Ukrainian governor of the Odessa region (south), confirm for their part that Moscow was hit by Neptune missiles.
- in MariupolRussian forces continue their pressure and Ukrainian troops are desperately trying to defend the strategic port city amid destruction, AFP reported yesterday. “The tie is tightening on the last Ukrainian troops defending Mariupol, which has been besieged by the Russian army for more than 40 days, has been largely destroyed and where the humanitarian situation is dramatic,” the agency writes. It is now “street fights” that will take place “day and night”. Russia on Wednesday announced the surrender of more than 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers in the region. Ukrainian authorities are saddened by the deaths of 20 to 22,000 people in the city and the destruction of “90% of the houses”. Capturing Mariupol in the now seemingly imminent southeast would allow the Russians to consolidate their territorial gains along the coastline along the Sea of Azov, connecting the Donbass regions to the Crimean peninsula annexed by Moscow in 2014.
- in DonbassThe war in Ukraine is also expected to intensify. Moscow made the conquest of this border region of Russia its primary goal. Kyiv announced that it expects a major offensive in the short term. “According to our information, the enemy has almost completed preparations for an attack in the east. The attack will take place very soon,” warned Ukraine’s Defense Ministry spokesman Oleksandre Motouzianik; Quoted by AFP.
- in KievAfter the withdrawal of Russia, life slowly begins again. On Tuesday, President Zelensky denounced the “hundreds of rapes” observed, according to him, in areas previously occupied by Putin’s army. “We find new mass graves almost every day,” said the Ukrainian President, “and we continue to find bodies in sewers and basements.” The word “genocide”, which Zelensky has used so far, was taken by US President Joe Biden recently.
- American missiles will be delivered to Ukraine in bulk. US President Joe Biden has pledged $800 million in new military aid from Washington to his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky, “including heavy equipment that the US has so far been reluctant to deliver to Kiev for fear of further escalating tensions with Moscow. AFP, “It has been admitted to the war,” he said.
Since the beginning of the conflict, maps have played a key role in understanding the Russian military operation and watching the situation in Ukraine live. Several press agencies as well as specialized institutes and French, Ukrainian and international media offer maps and charts updated daily. Some of these cards offer real-time tracking of the latest events, while others focus on key events from the past 24 hours.