With Brian LeGoff
It was published
look at my news
” virus circulation of covid-19 keeps moving forward across the region with increased incidence rates for three consecutive weeks. New hospitalizations are also increasing, especially in people over the age of 65,” he summarizes. ARS Bretagne and regional regionthis Tuesday, 28 June 2022, in a new update.
Two institutions insist: “In this context, therefore the vaccination effort must be accelerated improve vaccine coverage, especially booster doses in eligible individuals. To provide effective protection against severe forms of Covid-19, a second booster shot is recommended for the most vulnerable (from the age of 60 and for people who are immunocompromised). Talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
At the same time, they remember that it is necessary. maintain correct reflexes:
- give priority outdoor activities.
- ventilate venues on a regular basis.
- put on the mask in closed areas with high population density and in transportation.
- Test yourself at the slightest symptom and if there is a positive result, notify his relatives and respect his isolation.
Here is the full update on the epidemic figures in the region.
28,375 new cases
Brittany has recorded a total of 28,375 new positive cases in one week since June 21. 1,350,847 cases Since the beginning of the epidemic.
The incidence rate is currently 769.3 case for 100,000 inhabitants (+291.6 points in one week) at regional level, positive rate RT-PCR and antigen tests 37.1%.
What is the incidence rate and positivity rate?
The incidence rate represents the number of new cases of COVID-19 diagnosed by a PCR or antigen test that have occurred in the past 7 days compared to the number of department residents. The accepted unit is per 100,000 people.
The positive rate represents the number of positive cases of Covid (PCR and antigen testing) compared to the number of people tested over 7 days.
Status by department
- Côtes-d’Armor: 226,911 confirmed cases as of 28 June since the start of the epidemic, +4.574 an incidence rate in one week and on 28 June 709.7 per 100,000 people or +215.2 score within 7 days. Test positivity rate between 19-25 June 35%.
- Precision: 341 134 confirmed cases as of 28 June since the start of the epidemic, +7 932 an incidence rate in one week and on 28 June 802.3 per 100,000 people or +317.8 score within 7 days. Test positivity rate between 19-25 June 38.6%.
- Ille-et-Vilaine: 486,097 confirmed cases as of 28 June since the start of the epidemic, +9 633 an incidence rate in one week and on 28 June 800.2 per 100,000 people or + 314.4 score within 7 days. Test positivity rate between 19-25 June 36.3%.
- Morbihan: 296,705 confirmed cases as of 28 June since the start of the epidemic, + 6,236 an incidence rate in one week and on 28 June 732.6 per 100,000 people or +287.9 score within 7 days. Test positivity rate between 19-25 June 38.5%.
Incidence rates appear to have doubled compared to the last status update a week ago, taking into account the previous two weeks. In total, the incidence rates for each episode doubled.
Increasing pressure on hospital
Increasing care for Covid-19 patients at hospitals in Brittany 322 hospitalizations due to covid (+48 In a week). the last point made one week ago for the previous two weeks was only +6 patients. This indicates that the epidemic has started again. 17 patients are currently in service intensive care. no evolution up or down this side, he can even imagine some coming out of intensive care and some being replaced. And 240 patients in traditional medicine (+53 for one week).
Since the beginning of the epidemic, 21,301 Hospitalized patients returned to their homes, (+236 within the last seven days). 2,927 became ill (+14 In a week).
Finally, in Brittany, 79,632 testing RT-PCR and antigens were done Between 19 and 25 June (13,021 out of 22, 22,236 in 29, 27,768 in 35 and 16,607 in 56).
Information and advice: www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus.
Screening and vaccination sites: www.sante.fr
24/7 toll-free number for all non-medical inquiries: 0 800 130 000.
Did this article help you? Do not forget that you can follow Actu Rennes in the My Actu area. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.