Playground Games released the Forza Horizon 5 Round 9 patch yesterday, next July 19, after spending a month with the German sports car theme during Round 8. Get a little closer to this Series 9, the new features that come with it, and the patch that was released yesterday.
Tidal wave of Hot Wheels cars landing in Forza Horizon 5, excluding Car Pass
While the Hot Wheels DLC will be out on July 19, Playground Games has decided to lay the groundwork by adding the majority of Hot Wheels vehicles by mid-July. Players having trouble joining this Forza x Hot Wheels crossover can console themselves over the next three weeks with three vehicles announced on Car Pass:
- 2021 Aston Martin DBX (23/06)
- 2020 Lexus RC F Track Edition (30/06)
- 2019 Nissan 370z Nismo (07/07)
The other 7 vehicles in this Series 9 will therefore be available throughout the Seasons without paying a euro and will be exclusively from the Hot Wheels universe. First, there are three cars that will join the Horizon Wheelspin loot list and can be unlocked by completing the new Horizon Story:
- 2012 Hot Wheels Rip Stick
- 1949 Hot Wheels Ford F-5 Double Custom Hot Rod
- 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang
During the 4 Seasons of this Series 9, the last 4 cars will be unlocked:
- 2018 Hot Wheels 2JetZ (20 points in summer)
- 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S (20 points in the fall)
- 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee (20 points in winter)
- 1957 Hot Wheels Nash Metropolitan Custom (20 points in spring)
A very complete lineup that will get your feet wet before exploring the crazy trails of Hot Wheels DLC that will add 10 new vehicles and of course other Hot Wheels cars (not just).
New co-playable Horizon cosmetics and stories
Alongside the new vehicles, new Hot Wheels-themed customization items are being added to the game, including outfits and horns.
These are all the same game enhancements that fans have been waiting for, and they’ll be pleased to learn that Horizons stories can now be played cooperatively with up to 6 players. It’s a nice innovation for these missions, which are only available solo.
For the rest of the news, Playground Games has looked into many aspects of Forza Horizon 5 and fixed many community-reported issues, you can find the full update in detail below. It awaits the arrival of the first Hot Wheels DLC for July 19.
- Added new localization languages
- Added subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and European Portuguese.
- Added voiceover for European Spanish, Italian and Korean.
- Added new Forza EV Rivals event
- Added Horizon Story Co-op
- Added TAA option for PC games
- Various stability and performance improvements
- Fixed the issue where the hood and bumper camera was too dark at dusk and at night.
- In Series 9, the “Running” reward now unlocks as intended when players complete the Car Mastery skill tree in a 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. support.
- All players will see their rank in the Creative Hub increase as intended.
- Fixed an exploit when using Photo Mode
- Fixed an exploit with gifted cars
- Fixed an issue where players could lose Daily Challenge progress
- Fixed a rare issue where matching players for the Co-op Seasonal Championship could cause a player to sign up for the wrong event.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong car class to enter an online race.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Horizon Arcade events from appearing.
- Fixed an issue where players in a convoy could not see all other convoy members.
- Added a duplicate car filter to the car selection screen filters.
- Added Convertible Free Roam function to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider.
- Volvo logo update
- 93 Constant idle speed on the Nissan 240SX SE
- The Forza Aero Splitter has been removed from the Maserati MC12.
- Fixed Lamborghini Diablo 97 engine noise at high revs.
- Fixed an issue with the interior cockpit dashboard of the 2011 Audi RS4 Avant and RS5
- Fixed misaligned kickback on Mercedes C63 AMG when using Liberty Walk body kit.
- Added Series 6 and 7 car horns to EventLab.
- Added Orbit Camera option
- Added step rotation
- Added new camera speed options
- Fixed an issue that caused players entering the EventLab event with a full convoy to be disconnected.
- Fixed the stadium floor not loading when starting an event nearby.
- Fixed an issue that caused props to stay in Freeroam
- Only fixed rules that show events with custom routes are imported.
- Fixed an issue where one of the spotlights would appear invisible when placed.