The Great Reunion: a first in the history of the University of Montreal
The Université de Montréal has traveled through the ages, has had many back-to-school and graduation celebrations, and this year it is holding a Grand Reunion for the first time in its history! Along with a rich and diversified program, several wonderful moments await you From 28 September to 2 October 2022.
On this occasion, UdeM would like to let you celebrate your anniversary. attended school, rediscover the enthusiasm of your college years, rediscover your campus with family or friends, and explore new areas. During these five-day celebrations, you’ll be able to reconnect with your class’s former students and meet those who, like you, keep UdeM, its faculty and schools afloat.
If you haven’t watched it yet, we invite you to watch the launch video that will both arouse a sense of nostalgia and immerse you in the festive spirit that will reign on campus from September 28 to October 2. reseau.umontreal.ca/grandesretrouvailles.
To give you an idea of what to expect, here are some highlights of this extraordinary celebration:
Wednesday, September 28
- mountain conference
“The place of science in public discourse”
Thursday, September 29
- Faculty meeting day
Plenty of activities (conferences, awards ceremonies, guided tours) across faculties and schools and networking happy hours to reconnect with you attended school.
Friday, September 30
- National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
On this day of remembrance and reflection, you can engage in a series of educational activities to better understand the truths of the First Peoples.
saturday 1private October
- family day
Sports, music and scientific activities for all, as well as conferences, exhibitions and visits to faculties and schools.
- Free concert on the MIL campus at the end of the day
Sunday, October 2
- 50, 55, 60, 65 years of Conventum and more promotions
- Concert organized by the Faculty of Music at the Maison symphony
- Spark Gala at Cirque Éloize
closing of the festivities
Visit our page reseau.umontreal.ca/grandesretrouvailles, follow us on social networks #retrovaillesumontreal know more
“It changed my life”: new season available
Have you listened to the second season of the podcasts? changed my life From the UdeM Alumni and Donor Network?
These four new chapters chronicle the alumni’s inspiring journeys and how their time at University has been decisive in their lives. The common point circulating in their stories is of course their attended schoolbut also courage and cooperation.
Visit reseau.umontreal.ca/balado to learn more and explore the latest episodes.
Here are the guests and alumni of this season 2. We would like to thank them for their trust and time spent in this project.
Chapter 1: Love Beyond the Mountain
- Charlotte Lallement (Political Science 2018) is Engagement Specialist at Bloom at Work.
- Tony Lopez (political science 2018) is a parliamentary collaborator at the National Assembly in Paris.
Chapter 2: Music, a universal language
- Airat Ichmuratov (music 2017) He is a clarinetist in the group Kleztory and also a resident composer and conductor at the Orchester symphonique de Longueuil.
- André Moisan He is an associate professor at UdeM and a clarinetist and saxophonist at the Orchester symphonique de Montréal.
Chapter 3: Veterinary Consultant for Wildlife Health
- Emilie L. Couture (veterinary medicine 2017) is a veterinary specialist in zoological medicine at Zoo de Granby.
- Stephane’s Lair (veterinary medicine 2015) is a full professor of wildlife health at the UdeM School of Veterinary Medicine.
Chapter 4: The Power of Friendship
- Chloe Le Guillou Gagnon (public health 2018) is an epidemiologist at Indigenous Services Canada.
- Celine Signor (public health 2017) is an epidemiologist at Public Health Canada.
SHARE YOUR GOOD SHOOTS!
Posts about the achievements of our graduates, whether it’s pride or simple curiosity, are among the most read on our various platforms. Have you taken a new position, a former classmate’s title, or learned about the achievements of a colleague from UdeM? Write to us at [email protected] We want to hear your stories and above all tell them; Whether they are the result of personal or professional initiatives, they deserve to be shared.
IS YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION UPDATED?
Want to know the benefits and services you deserve as a UdeM graduate? Update your contact information and set your communication preferences! So you will receive a lot of news, especially about the backgrounds and achievements of those who made the Université de Montréal shine. visit reseau.umontreal.ca/MAJcoordonnees.
CONFERENCES: ALWAYS LEARN MORE THANKS TO YOUR ALMA MATER!
Featuring the expertise of alumni from UdeM faculties, the Alumni and Donor Network’s live virtual conferences provide a diverse and stimulating program. Most can be listened to for free or at minimal cost.
See the calendar at reseau.umontreal.ca To see the current program