Contributions are temporarily disabled for this live stream.
- According to local governor Serhi Haidaï, on Thursday, May 19, 2022, Russian shelling in Sievierodonetsk in the Luhansk region (east) left 12 dead and 40 injured. He said most of the bullets hit apartments and the death toll could rise.
- Sievierodonetsk and Lyssytchansk form the last pocket of Ukrainian resistance in the Luhansk region. The Russians surround and brutally bombard these two places separated by a river. In addition, the governor of the Donetsk region, Pavlo Kyrylenko, announced that five civilians were killed by Russian soldiers in Donbass on Thursday.
- On Thursday evening, the American Congress approved 40 billion dollars (37.7 billion euros) aid to Ukraine. Six billion dollars in this envelope should enable Ukraine to equip itself with armored vehicles and strengthen its anti-aircraft defense.
- Joe Biden was hosted in Washington on Thursday, Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson and Finnish President Sauli Niinistöto once again show his enthusiastic support for the accession of his two countries to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
- Justice officials from the five Western countries that make up the so-called “Five Eyes” alliance (the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom) announced on Thursday their support for Ukraine’s legal action to prosecute war crimes related to the Russian invasion. Justice ministers or attorney generals said in the press release: ” to continue “ The action of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Iryna Venicetova to hold those responsible to account “War crimes committed during the Russian occupation”. The trial started, a lawsuit was filed against the 21-year-old Russian sergeant. He is facing life in prison.
- Moscow announced its expulsion on Thursday. five Portuguese diplomatsIn retaliation for the decision of ten Russian diplomats agreed by Lisbon after Russia’s offensive on Ukraine. The Kremlin announced on Wednesday the expulsion of 34 French diplomats, 24 Italian diplomats and 27 Spanish diplomats.
- Russia’s Ministry of Defense announced on Thursday that 1,730 Ukrainian soldiers are hiding at the Azovstal steel field. Mariupol He had surrendered since Monday. In the Luhansk region of Donbass, at least twelve people were killed and forty injured. Sievierodonetsk.
- Russia has announced that it wants to leave Ukraine. Zaporizhia nuclear power plantKyiv is the largest in Europe occupied by the Russian army, unless it pays Moscow for the electricity produced.
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz He stated that he was not in favor of giving it to Ukraine. ” shortcut “ in order to join the European Union, “The obligation of justice towards the six countries of the Western Balkans” Who wanted for a long time.
- The big money winners of the G7 He met in Germany to try to keep Ukraine’s finances afloat and to evaluate the repercussions of the war on the world economy: especially inflation due to rising energy prices, the threats of the food crisis, the excessive indebtedness of many developing countries.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Editorial. Ukraine: diplomacy at a standstill
Decoding. Angry issues between Emmanuel Macron and Volodymyr Zelensky
Analysis. Destruction in Ukraine is estimated at $500 billion
Chronic. “In the name of a shared high ambition, Xi Jinping felt it was more important to stick to Vladimir Putin’s argument”
Decoding. A case in the form of a test for Ukrainian justice
Narrative. Attack on military offices in Russia with Molotov cocktails
Analysis. War in Ukraine: the Franco-German duo fighting in Europe
Find our live stream yesterday at this link.