CED donated $222,023 for the development of outdoor recreation areas in Papineauville.
PAPINAUVILLE, QC, 25 May 2022 /CNW Telbec/ – Economic Development Canada For regions of Quebec (DEC)
Communal public spaces are at the heart of communities around the world. Canada. They attract residents and visitors and support local businesses and businesses. There has been a significant reduction in the use of these spaces across the country as Canadians take measures to protect themselves from COVID-19.
Today, on behalf of the Honorable President, Stéphane Lauzon, Member of Parliament for Argenteuil-La Petite-Nation and Secretary of Parliament for the Minister of Rural Economic Development. Pascale St OngeThe Minister for Sports and the Minister for CED announced a $222,023 non-refundable contribution to the Municipality of Papineauville under the Canadian Community Revitalization Fund (CRCF) for the construction of outdoor sports facilities and public development playgrounds.
This support from CED will allow the community to practice even more sports activities through the construction of a new outdoor skating rink and tennis court. The community will also be able to take advantage of new recreational facilities, including a playground structure and a bamboo forest, as well as an obstacle course and a petanque area.
government Canada recognizes that community spaces are places conducive to social interaction and physical activity. By promoting better access to recreational facilities and programs, we contribute to the well-being of communities, families and individuals across the country. Economic recovery depends, among other things, on the vitality of local communities and their common areas.
“We helped SMEs get back to work; Now is the time to encourage a return to coexistence and support our communities so they can offer spaces where they can come together and thrive. That’s why I’m very happy that we invested in a project like the one in Papineauville. The people of Papineauville can and should be proud of this more than just this positive impact for the municipality. »
Stéphane Lauzon, MNA for Argenteuil-La Petite-Nation and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Rural Economic Development
“These new developments are excellent news for the Papineauville community. In addition to contributing to the development of the city centre, they will make it possible to improve Papineauville’s open spaces. This initiative demonstrates our government’s commitment to supporting the economic development of communities of all sizes in all regions. And as Minister of Sports I am particularly pleased with the improvement of sports facilities. I hope the new ice rink, tennis court and new playgrounds inspire many citizens to visit them often and engage in physical activity! »
honorable Pascale St OngeMNA for brome-Missisquoi, Minister of Sports and Minister for CED
” never there The City of Papineauville wouldn’t have believed they could solve this entertainment case so quickly. This assistance is welcomed without the cooperation of the Minister. Pascale St Onge and the unwavering support of our federal attorney, Mr. Stéphane Lauzon, for this project, it would have been impossible for us to complete all the work in just two years. »
Paul-André David, Mayor of Papineauville
- The CRCF was launched in June 2021. A total of 500 million dollars is paid to regional development agencies in two years. Canada (ADR) included $107 million in CED to invest in shared and inclusive public spaces in Quebec. As public health restrictions ease, the Government Canada continues its commitment to invest in making common areas safer, greener and more accessible. This will stimulate local economies, create jobs and improve the quality of life for Canadians. This fund helps communities to:
- adapt community areas and assets so they can be used safely in accordance with local public health guidelines;
- Developing or rehabilitating community spaces to encourage Canadians to reconnect and explore their communities and regions.
- The CRCF is implemented under CED’s Quebec Economic Development Program (PDEQ).
- CED is the key federal partner for regional economic development in Quebec. With 12 business offices, CED is on hand to support businesses, organizations and Quebec regions for tomorrow’s economy.
Follow DEC on social networks
Consult CED news
SOURCE Economic development Canada For Quebec regions
For more information: Media Relations, Canadian Economic Development for the Regions of Quebec, [email protected]; Ariane Joazard-Bélizaire, Press Attaché, Office of the Minister of Sports and Canadian Economic Development Minister for the Quebec Territories, [email protected]