- He warned Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Saturday that Kiev would quit talks with Moscow if its soldiers based at Azovstal, the vast metallurgical complex in Mariupol in southeastern Ukraine, were killed by the Russian army. An interview with his Russian colleague. Negotiations between Russia and Ukraine did not make any significant progress and “skate”The head of Russian diplomacy, Sergei Lavrov, said.
- head of American diplomacy, Antony Blinken and Defense Minister Lloyd Austin to visit Kiev Sunday, the president of Ukraine announced. UN Secretary GeneralAntonio Guterres will travel to Russia on Tuesday, where he will meet for the first time since February 24 with Vladimir Putin, and two days later he will travel to Ukraine, where he will be greeted by Volodymyr Zelensky.
- A senior Russian officer, General Rustam Minnekayev, said: “One of the aims of the Russian army is toFull control over the Donbass and southern Ukraine »to let“Provide a land corridor to Crimea”back then “A corridor to Transnistria”A pro-Russian separatist zone in Moldova. Here is how a few experts analyze this statement: “a diversion” To divert Donbass’ attention to the south, Russia currently lacks the military capacity to achieve this goal.
- in Donbass, “Intense shelling and fighting continues as Russia tries to advance to places like Lyman, Buhayvka, Barvinkove and Popasna as part of its regional plan,” he said.The UK Ministry of Defense reported on Friday morning.
- HAS OdessaAndriy Yermak, the chief of staff of the Ukrainian presidency, announced that at least six people were killed and eighteen wounded in the Russian bombardments. “Probably, the toll will be heavier”, he said on Telegram. Russia on Saturday destroyed a hangar in the city of Odessa with high-precision missiles, where many weapons sent by the United States and European countries are stored.
- strategic port of MariupolMoscow claims to have ” It was published “Kyiv is still resisting Russian forces, as Ukrainian fighters fiercely defend the huge Azovstal metallurgical complex, which includes civilians. Vladimir Putin accuses Kiev of preventing the surrender of Ukrainian fighters.
- A new attempt to evacuate civilians The transition from Mariupol to the city of Zaporizhia failed “Russian military ailments”Piotr Andryushchenko, adviser to the mayor of Mariupol, reported on his Telegram account.
- Charles Michel, President of the European Council, representing the member states of the European Union, asked Vladimir Putin for a guarantee during a phone call on Friday. Humanitarian corridors in Mariupol On the occasion of Orthodox Easter. The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate proposed to organize an Easter procession in the besieged city of Mariupol to evacuate wounded civilians and soldiers. Many humanitarian corridors in this city were canceled at the last minute.
- Satellite images released Thursday by the American company Maxar Technologies show: “existence mass graves northwest of Manhouch », a village 20 kilometers from Mariupol. According to Maxar, the images reveal more than two hundred long rows of burials near an existing cemetery.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Narrative. War in Ukraine: gradual return to normalcy at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant after the Russian invasion
Decoding. The war in Ukraine is Elysée’s priority
Report. Russia declared victory at Mariupol before its fall
references. Ukrainian and Russian exiles in France: “I hope to spend a few days with my family in Kiev – to see them, touch them, reassure them”
Balance. Weapons deliveries and military aid promised by Western countries
Narrative. Putin, the cult of war
Analysis. UNESCO, secondary victim of war in Ukraine
Report. On the Donbass front near Donetsk, the Ukrainian army is still “big war” promised by Moscow
You can find Our live broadcast of yesterday is at this link.
“Why isn’t my question posted? » : How ‘Or’ What World manages contributions on live parts