As summer draws to a close, Chambéry is gearing up to organize and host numerous events and festivities in the heart of the city. A real breath of fresh air after two years of health restrictions.
The summer fun season officially kicked off on Thursday 9 June at the Cité des arts, during a press briefing that brought together the mayor of Chambéry, Thierry Repentin, his deputy for culture and popular education, Jean-Pierre Casazza, Michel Camoz. Delegate for cultural aid and city services in connection with the organization of events. In addition, the director of Grand Chambéry Alpes Tourisme and his team managed to present new tourist proposals this summer.
With over 250 events held from mid-June, the program is rich and varied: world music, classical, entertainment, pop and even reggae, sports and cultural events…everyone will find something for themselves!
Some key points that will make your mouth water!
- music festival : for him 41pearl print, meet in the city center from 6 pm to 1 am on June 21. You will be able to take a look at our city, from the catwalks to the acoustic zones, to the sandstone of the melodies presented by 97 musical formations!
- most Continental Market : we no longer offer. From 17-18 June, the Parc du Verney will be filled with colours, fragrances and joie de vivre to celebrate international solidarity.
- “summer quarters” : Supported by the state and the Grand Chambéry, this device makes it possible to offer a very comprehensive program of entertainment, activities and shows during the summer period in many districts of the city, including Hauts-de-Chambéry, Biollay, Bellevue and Bissy. summer is long! In the preview, watch out for the “Neg Marron” concert with “Tyab” in the first episode in the garden of Mâconnais on August 23 at 20:45,
- most Franco-Italian festival : launched in Les Charmettes in early June, returns to Chambéry on July 2 and 3 to “think and develop the world in the gardens of Jean-Jacques Rousseau”,
- Gautier Capuçon’s concertsJuly 4 and 5 in the Parc du Verney: the start of the tour de France for the famous Chambéry cellist’s “summer in France”,
- A summer concert at the Cathedral of St-François-de-Sales, 12 July: 3rd edition of this wonderful evening devoted to the classical repertoire. Ambronay Academy under the direction of Ophélie Gaillard will present Mozart, Boccherini and Haydn,
- 14 July parade and 15 July fireworks : To celebrate the National Day, alongside the dancers of the World Festival of Cultures, the 13.pearl Barby’s battalion of alpine hunters will parade on rue de Boigne before inviting all Chambéries for a Republican drink. The next day, the fireworks will return to Chambéry at around 22:15, fired from the Piochet field in the Hauts-de-Chambéry region. The festival will start at 19.00 with the opportunity to have a meal, picnic and listen to music on site. The fireworks displays will be followed by a dance party accompanied by a DJ. Shuttles will be set up from the Chambéry centre. Run through your gardens and open your windows and eyes wide, you can admire these fireworks from many places in the agglomeration,
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau’s dreams, In the garden of Charmettes in August: concerts to escape, travel and dream,
- A festive evening at Biollay On July 22, it will gather residents every night around a craft market and a concert. rhythm and blues Jamaica,
- Tuesday concerts : On July 19 and 26, and August 2 and 9, Carré Curial will be transformed into a concert hall with 4 different groups. first chapters will be production place Room with 100% local musicians!
- constantly, throughout the summer : Exhibitions at the Eureka Gallery, the Fine Arts Museum or the Hôtel de Cordon…
And it’s not over! Many more events and activities await you until the end of August.
To find out all, go to our online agenda, which will be completed in stages, and find an overview of the program in the section below. Chambery magazine just released (n°147 – spring 2022)